Hiya all! It’s Friday and it’s time to get yourself ready for the weekend! I thought it would be fun for everyone to get interactive and share their thoughts and ideas, so I’ve come up with a plan. Each Friday I’m going to provide 5 simple tips on a chosen topic. As we are always learning new things, I want to ask you all to pitch in if you have any additional idea’s or experiences you want to share (that’s related to the topic of course) please feel free to chip in. That way, we can all learn something new.
So today’s topic is how to designing for a small living space. Here goes…
- Create Zones in the room for different uses such as lounging, eating, cooking, reading etc by using strategically placed furniture, rugs and objects.
- Use reflective surfaces such as mirrors and glass or gloss furniture to reflect light around the room.
- Think vertical. Is there any under utilized space on the ceiling or walls that could be used for storage?
- Make sure you edit your things carefully, in a small space clutter can easily build up. You need to ask yourself, do I need it? And if yes, where will it go?
- Use multi-functional furniture. For example a stool could also be used as a side table.
What are your thoughts? That’s it for today. Have a lovely weekend! xD