I hope you are having a lovely morning. My morning walk indulged me with a vast bright blue sky and the reflection of yellowing falling leaves of autumn. It was simply stunning. So it was with great enthusiasm that I received an email this morning from Lena Kammermeier who blogs on Mina Moka and informed that she has nominated my little blog for the Liebster Blog Awards. So what’s this all about? Well the Liebster Blog Award is about supporting small and up and coming bloggers (those with 200 or less followers). It gives a chance for those bloggers who have taken the plunge into those deep icy waters and started a blog to hopefully get some new readers. We are after all one big family are we not?
So today, a little diversion from Interiors but a little get to know me and my friends post instead. More interiors tomorrow I PROMISE. Now for some formality, the rules to qualify are:
- Answer 11 questions Lena asked me
- Post 11 random things about myself
- Nominate another 11 up and coming bloggers and create 11 new questions for these bloggers to answer
- No Tag Backs are allowed – it’s the pay it forward mantra
So here we go… questions from Lena…
- If you could pick any city in the world to live in for one year – which one would that be? Vancouver – the great outdoors, great food, lovely people
- Coffee or tea? Coffee without a doubt (Coffee snob here)
- Which sense is more important to you: sight or hearing? Sight, I would find it hard to miss seeing the sun rise in the mornings
- What is your most annoying habit? I say ‘You Know’ a lot… drives Big J crazy… you know…
- Pick a movie: Fiction or documentary? Fiction, I like movies that are imaginative, fantasy and sci-fi
- What was your favorite book as a child? The Magic Faraway Tree – by Enid Blyton
- What is your favorite book today? The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho – inspirational in so many ways
- How many close friends do you have? 5 and they are dotted around the world so I don’t get to see them as much as I’d like to
- Do you like questionnaires? I don’t mind this one
- You have won one million (Dollars, Euros, whatever…) in the lottery- and now? I go travelling for a year
- How are you today? Very well thanks
Ok 11 random things about me are:
- I have a very very sweet tooth
- Pasta with seafood is my all time go to meal
- I hate going to the gym, but I love the results!
- I haven’t told any of my friends about my blog yet!
- I love hats and beanies
- Hot weather bothers me, I much prefer the cooler weather
- Autumn and Spring are my favourite seasons
- Every Christmas, I make a traditional Peking Duck rather than Turkey
- I love reading novels but never have the time
- I love watching the food channel, not for the cooking, I just like drooling over the food
- I LOVE MY HOME!
Now here are the blogs that I’ve nominated…
And the questions are…
- What is your favourite day of the week?
- What is the weather like outside your window?
- Who is the most inspiring person in your chosen industry/field?
- What is your favourite piece of furniture in your home and why?
- What is the first thing you do when you get home?
- What is your favourite food?
- What is your favourite colour?
- Do you prefer dresses or jeans?
- When do you blog?
- What was your favourite subject at school?
- What’s your favourite tv show?
That’s it. I hope you enjoyed getting to know me and taking a peak into some of the other blogs. Wishing you a Happy Wednesday!