It’s starting to turn chilly out there! We have a beautiful Cherry Blossom tree in our back garden and it’s this time of year that the leaves are constantly floating down to the ground like light yellow feathers. Little J and I spend every morning sweeping them up while they continue to fall. It was during yesterday’s sweep that I looked up and noticed that the leaves had almost finished falling and the tree was almost bare. This is always a clear indication that Autumn is almost over and Winter is coming. So today’s 5 is how to get your interior ready for Winter. I must admit that I have a love hate relationship with Winter. On the one hand I love spending the nights in, rugging up and going for walks in the crisp air and the potential for snow. But at the same time, I hate the extended darkness and the lack of flowers in the garden. So this is when I look to the interior of my home to give me the inspiration I need. Here are 5 things to do to help get your interior “Winter” ready:
- Pull out the warm woolly throw and place it near the sofa ready for those long nights in.
- Change your sheets and bed covers to darker winter inspired colours.
- Add thicker layers of texture to your floors with deep pile rugs and sheepskins.
- With the extended hours of darkness, lighting is even more essential during the winter months. The element of fire provides an extra warmth to the ambiance of a winter scheme. Get your chimney cleaned and ready to use. If you don’t have a fireplace, go and stock up on candles scented in berries, figs, cedar and cinnamon.
- And finally, bake something. Nothing makes a home feel more wintery than the smell of something baking in the oven while you’re having a warm cup of cocoa…
What do you do to get ready for Winter?
Image Source – Loghome.com