Brrrr it’s cold over here in London. The temperature is just below zero degree’s and although it has snowed lightly, the threat of more snow continues. It’s when it’s freezing outside that I want to stay home and curl up to a good book.
My friend and fellow blogger of secret garden home (a lovely blog about renovating her first home) that you can read here inspired me today. You see, she’s in the process of building a library for herself and it started me thinking and daydreaming about what it would be like to firstly have a library, and secondly what it would look like.
For me, the key elements to a library would have to include the following:
- A place to store your books making sure they go all the way up to the ceiling
- Ensuring that the books on the shelf are full to brim and then on the floor and table
- A very very comfortable sofa or armchair
- Good lighting in the room, both natural light during the day and artificial light at night
- Art on the walls for inspiration
How about you? What elements would you include in your ideal library? I’d love to know.
Till tomorrow. xD