Today we are going to break down an Eclectic Dining room that has been designed by Daniel Beauchemin and Marc de Laat. I came across this room while surfing through the Elle Decor site while researching for a project on sitting rooms but this picture grabbed me instantly. So I felt that I couldn’t leave it alone without trying to work out why the room was so appealing.
- The floor to ceiling curtains show off the extra height of the ceiling however their subtle colour allows them to blend into the background while enhancing the view of the garden.
- The bright colours in both the Julian Schnabel and Damien Hirst prints are similar creating harmony in the room
- The contemporary nature of the prints bring a casual feel to an other wise formal room
- The 18th Century table and empire style chairs bring an understated warmth to the room
- The black and white checkered floor echos the squares in the windows.
Is there anything about the room that speaks to you? Do you like it? I hope you have a lovely day. Till tomorrow. xD
Image Source – Elle Decor.com