So the other day I came across a picture that had the most amazing pendant light. It’s a light made entirely out of Ostrich Feathers by Haldane Martin. I found myself looking at the picture for a long time, not just because of the pendant light which I now need to find a place in my home for, somewhere, anywhere! but also the fact that I was intrigued by the interior it was featured in. So I’m going to try and break it down today. Here we go…
- The focus of the room is the striking feather pendant that brings the feeling of glamour into the scheme.
- The pastel pink chair at the back of the room ties in with the picture on the wall featuring pastel butterflies which creates a separate area in the room. However the pink does not clash with the purple velvet couch, creating separation and harmony at the same time.
- The deep purple sofa works well against the dark wood floor. The feather image on the cushion is also a clever play against the feathers in the light.
- The tables are unified through their similar detailing and the candle holders bring them together.
- The dove grey walls create a soothing backdrop to the dramatic furnishings and lighting in the room.
So what do you think of the room? Is there anything you could add to the breakdown process? If so, please do, I love it when you guys give your opinions! Have a lovely Tuesday. xD
Image Source – Norwegian Maison