So you know that I have an aversion towards pink in the home. So it was surprising when I came across the image of this grand living room that featured a velvet sofa in powder pink and loved it. I’m not sure whether it’s because it sits against a stunning soft grey painted room or that the sofa itself is quite masculine in style. Either way, I was intrigued and wanted to figure out why the room works so well. So today I’m going to try and break it down.
- The walls and ceiling are painted out in the same soft grey colour creating a subtle backdrop to the furnishings in the room. It also mutes the panelling on the doors and columns making the room feel less grand and more modern.
- The vertical lines on the grey lamp replicate the lines in the column next to it and are used to create a divider between the area’s within the room.
- The 2 armchairs in the living area mimic the legs of the table in the background creating a sense of unity to the scheme.
- The powder pink velvet sofa is the focal point of the room and pops against the soft grey walls and dark floors.
- The red/orange accessories are present in all 3 area’s of the scheme tying the whole look together. The red picture in the room behind the doors draws the eye towards the hidden room. Only one main colour palette is present in the room – red.
So what do you think of the room? Would you have a pink sofa like that in your home? You know I’d love to know. Have a lovely Thursday. xD
Image Source – Cote Maison