It has been dreadful weather of late. Grey, wet and gloomy outside, so I decided rather than spend another day with LIttle J parked in front of the TV (which I hate doing but sometimes you just run out of ideas), that we’d take the opportunity to clean up his bedroom and take some pictures of it.
When little J grew out of his old cot back in July, I decided to take the opportunity a give his room a makeover. I’m not going to show you a before picture as it was just a white room before with a cot bed and nappy change table. That’s it.
When I asked little J what he wanted his room to be like, he immediately said “Space and rockets” and as he also loves Star Wars, I went with it. Here are some snippets of his room.
Some tips for designing a kids bedroom are:
- Keep the big ticket items such as the wall, floor & large pieces of furniture neutral so that you only need to change the accessories as they grow older.
- When designing the layout of the room, think with longevity in mind, will you have to eventually put in a desk? Will you eventually need to change the bed?
- When using frames, think about weight. Try not to use glass as they can break and cause injury. I have used light weight frames made out of light wood and plastic so if it falls, it won’t cause any harm.
- Utilise old toys to create displays in the room.
- Don’t be too precious about anything, it’s their room after all.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the week. xD
Photography: Doris Lee